- 4 cups gluten-free oats
- 20 medjool dates
- 1 1/4 cups water
- 1 3/4 cups Coolberry™ or dried cherries or dried cranberries
- 2/3 cup sunflower seeds
- 3 tbls coconut oil
- 4 tbls chia seeds with 16 tbsp water
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- Pre-heat oven to 375°F
- Combine chia seeds and 16 tbsp water in a mug, let sit ten minutes until gel forms.
- Soak Coolberry™ in a bowl with boiling water to hydrate. Let soak 10 minutes then drain water.
- Pit the dates and place them in saucepan with coconut oil. Allow dates and coconut oil to melt for about five minutes – until the dates are soft. Let cool 5 min.
- Place dates and coconut oil into a blender with 1 1⁄4 c water and blend until a smooth paste forms.
- Combine oats, sunflower seeds, raisins, and cinnamon in a mixing bowl and stir in the date & Coolberry™ mix. Once the chia gel has formed stir this into the mix as well.
- Line a 6"x9" baking tray with baking paper, or grease with coconut oil. Pour granola bar mix into baking tray and spread evenly.
- Place in oven for about 35 min., until top turns golden. Remove from oven, let cool for about 15 min. to set.
- Cut into bars and enjoy!
Store in an airtight container at room temperature or refrigerate