Created by Marissa Wong, @itsallgoodvegan
Creamy Tahini Pasta
Creamy and comforting Tahini Pasta bowl. Gluten-free, vegan, and only requires 10 ingredients.
- ½ cup sesame tahini
- ½ cup filtered water
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp pepper
- 1 medium lemon, seeded and juiced
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped into small pieces
- 5 cloves of garlic, minced
- 8.8 ounces of Big Green Organic Food Capellini Millet Pasta, cooked according to the back of the package.
- 1-2 Tbsp fresh basil, chopped
- In a medium bowl combine all of the tahini sauce ingredients together and whisk.
- Heat a large pan over medium heat. Once hot, add the oil and chopped onion. Saute for 3-4 minutes, or until the onion starts to get soft, stirring frequently.
- Add the minced garlic to the pan and cook for 2 minutes. Take the pan off the heat.
- Combine the cooked noodles and half of the tahini sauce to the pan and mix. Taste pasta and add additional seasoning (salt or pepper) if needed.
- Divide pasta into bowls. Drizzle the additional tahini sauce on top of the pasta. Garnish with fresh basil and eat!
- Leftovers will last 1 day in the fridge. Garnish your noodles after you reheat them, not before.