Created By: Jenny Engel & Heather Goldberg, authors of Spork-fed: Super Fun and Flavorful Vegan Recipes
- 1 cup Bgreen Food Organic BAKE MORE™ White Rice Flour
- 1/2 cup regular coconut milk
- 2 tbsp garbanzo beans
- 1/2 cup arrowroot powder
- 1 tsp turmeric (more if desired)
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1 1/2-2 cups water
- 2 tbsp + 2 tsp neutral tasting high heat oil
- 2 scallions, thinly sliced
- 1 onion, thinly sliced
- 1 package enoki mushrooms
- 12-15 crimini mushrooms, roughly chopped
- 2 cups organic mung bean sprouts
- 1 bunch red leaf lettuce, washed
- 1 small bunch mint leaves
- 1/4 1/4 cup – Bgreen Food Organic 12-Month Aged Soy Sauce
- 1 clove garlic, coarsely chopped
- 1 red jalapeno pepper, seeds removed
- 1/4 cup evaporated cane sugar (or palm sugar)
- 1/4 cup brown rice vinegar
- 1 tbsp ume plum vinegar
- 1/2 cup water
For The Crepe Batter
Add coconut milk to a medium bowl and whisk in flours, arrowroot, turmeric, sea salt and water. Whisk until uniform. Let rest for 30 minutes to overnight. Refrigerate if leaving overnight.
To Make One Crepe
Heat 2 tablespoons of oil in a non-stick sauté or crêpe pan over medium-high heat. Add 1 teaspoon chopped scallion, 6 slices onion, ¼ package enoki mushrooms and 2-3 crimini mushrooms and cook for about 1 minute.
Ladle about 1/3 cup of crêpe batter into pan. Tilt and swirl pan to coat the bottom and even out batter over ingredients. Cook for about 2-3 minutes over high heat until edges look browned.
Add ½ cup bean sprouts to half of crêpe. Cover pan and cook over high heat for about 2 minutes. Fold crêpe in half. Remove from heat and carefully slide crêpe onto a serving plate. Repeat for remaining batter.
For The Dipping Sauce
Add garlic, jalapeño, sugar, rice vinegar, soy sauce, plum vinegar and water to a blender and blend until uniform. For a milder sauce, do not put jalapeño in blender; instead, slice it and add after sauce is blended.
Serve with lettuce leaves, mint, and dipping sauce.