RECIPE BY KATIE FROM THE ALL NATURAL VEGAN
- 2 golden potatoes
- 1 sweet onion
- 1 cup baby carrots
- 3 cloves garlic
- ¼ cup raw cashew butter
- ⅓ cup plain vegan yogurt
- ⅓ cup nutritional yeast
- 1 tsp stone ground mustard
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp miso paste
- ½ tsp salt
- 2 crowns broccoli
- 1 pack Big Green Organics Macaroni Millet
- Roughly chop the onion and golden potatoes. Add to a pot or pressure cooker with the garlic and baby carrots and steam for about 20 minutes (or until the potatoes are soft enough to break with a fork).
- Add the steamed vegetables to a blender with the cashew butter, vegan yogurt, nutritional yeast, stone ground mustard, paprika, miso paste, and salt. Blend until smooth. Set aside.
- Bring a pot of water to a boil and cook the macaroni millet according to package instructions.
- Roughly chop the broccoli crowns. Blanch in a pot of water until bright green and soft.
- Strain the macaroni and add to a large bowl with the strained broccoli. Cover with the vegan cheese sauce and toss. Serve immediately and enjoy!